The Closing (or settlement)
At the appropriate time and location, an Old American
Title settlement agent or attorney will conduct your closing. What do we do?
- We verify the identity of all buyers/borrowers and sellers by reviewing a government issued photo identification of all parties in the transaction.
- The HUD-1 settlement statement will be reviewed and the all charges explained to you.
- We will review and explain all of the closing documents to you, obtain the appropriate signatures, and answer any questions that might arise.
- We will notarize all documents having notary requirements.
- We will confirm receipt of all funds required in the transaction.
- All parties will receive copies of the important closing documents.
- THE BUYER(S) will receive the Owner's Title Insurance Policy, if purchased.